Tuesday, December 2, 2008

36 Weeks and counting

We went to the doctor this morning for the start of my weekly visits.....They like me so much that they want to see me on Thursday afternoon of this week as well. My doctor took a look at my feet, ankles, and legs and thought they looked bad...I told him that I thought they looked good that he should see them in the afternoon, so they will on Thursday. I have been thinking they looked bad for weeks now, but I finally had them agree with me.

I almost died when they weighed me today because the scales were not nice to me, but my doctor said that is another reason that he wants to see me back this week, the weight I am putting on is all fluid. Now that made my day! I hate the fact that I am swelling, but at least I have an excuse for the increase on the poundage.

My blood pressure has been creeping up on me. It is still within "normal" range, but my normal is really low. The doctor seems to think that my swelling, gain of fluid, and blood pressure sneaking up is a sign that my blood pressure may be about to sky rocket - NOT GOOD. This would mean that they would need to induce labor early to avoid any problems. I will know more on Thursday and promise to let you all know what they think.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Definitely keep us posted! Will be praying for a healthy Mama and baby! I can't wait to see pictures once little Kendall gets here (maybe sooner rather than later)!

Jackie Mc said...

Ditto to Megan's comment. I know you are ready for her to get here. Not long now .
Love ya , JMc

Kelly said...

I'll be praying for you! Hang in there Mama! Not much longer!

Kelly Perry said...

I was in the same boat - with both of mine. I was induced both times and my bp was high (like 150/100'ish). I also was as big as the goodyear blimp (but lost lots of weight quickly after delivery since it was fluid) - so don't sweat it too much. Hang in there. They'll keep a close eye on you and take good care. It's not much longer! :-)

Corrie said...

Hey Leigh! Thinking about you! Please post soon and let us know how the dr goes tomorrow!