Monday, December 15, 2008

Details/Updates on Kendall's birth

Sorry for the delay in updating....I am sure you could all tell that Josh wrote the last post.
They admitted me Monday night at 5:15 and started me on meds about 8:00 that night. The medicine did not start my labor and my blood pressure just kept creeping up. They started me on Pitocin Tuesday morning and gave me another round of the Cervadil that night to try on onset my labor....No such luck. They then told me that if I did not progress by Wednesday at lunch time then they would have to do a C Section because my blood pressure was REALLY getting high. On Wednesday morning they started back the Pitocin and gave me my epidural (that was to help bring my blood pressure down as well as feel no pain) that finally got me dilated to a 1 so that they could break my water. After that got going I dilated very quickly, Kendall was born at 3:21 Wednesday afternoon. It took a long time for my labor to get started but after if got going, it went very quickly. We came home Friday afternoon and during our first night home - all the power in Startex went out, so that was fun. Not only were we dealing with a brand new baby, we now had to worry about not freezing her to death, but the power came back on between 3 or 4 in the morning. On Saturday my Mama called my cell phone to say that our home phone said it "was having network difficulty", we enjoyed the phone not ringing so much that I did not call AT&T to report the problem until today. The only bad part about the phone not working was that we did not Internet access, but I really haven't had much time to blog until today.
My blood pressure was still high when they discharged me, but they think within a few days that it will level off. My swelling got 10 times worse in the hospital with all the fluids they gave me, and they tell me within 2 or 3 weeks that the swelling should be gone as well.
I promise to update with pictures soon. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts & prayers during Kendall's birth and all the way through my pregnancy. We sure have been blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I sure did work hard to get her here, but she is SO worth it.

4 comments:

Jackie Mc said...

So glad all is well & everyone is home. Thanks for your update& bless you all. She is a beauty & looking forward to more pics soon.

Kelly Perry said...

Congratulations Leigh! She certainly is beautiful! Life will never be the same - everything will take on a new meaning.

Best wishes!
Kelly

Corrie said...

Congrats Leigh!!! :)
Merry Christmas!

Rebel Fan said...

If you don't find time to make updates, everyone will understand. =-) She looks like you, Leigh.
-carol