Sunday, February 8, 2009

Move Me to the top....

We always joke at work about moving each other to the top of our prayer list from the bottom when we are having a bad day, but I really need you all to move me to the top of your lists tomorrow. I have to leave my sweet baby and I am about to have a mild coronary. It matters not to me that my emails and work on my desk has been building for 2 months, stress at work I can handle. My issue is leaving my baby, I knew this day would come and I tried to prepare myself....but I am not sure that you can prepare yourself for this. My ulcer is flared up, I have cried off and on all weekend, and I even feel like I could be sick at any given moment. So all jokes aside and without sounding selfish, please move me to the tops of your lists for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Leigh,
I still remember this feeling from many years ago and will be praying for you.. Cheri

Kelly Perry said...

Returning to work was the hardest thing ever - well aside from leaving my baby overnight to travel (now that was horrible - I thought he would somehow forget me). Take it one day at a time. It will get easier. I promise. It just makes the time you get to pick her up so exciting and the time you spend together in the evening so much more special. I'll be praying for you. It is so very hard but you can do it. I promise! Big hugs momma! You're feeling the same way all mothers do when they have to leave their precious babies when returning to work!

Leigh said...

Thanks to everyone for the prayers & words of encouragement. I made it!